Monday, July 29, 2013

      This is very long overdue...But to be honest how in the world do you say thank you for something so heartfelt? so selfless? so genuine?
      My cousins Don Lacey and Mike Lacey and their wonderful wives and families did the most incredible thing for me...
      They threw this benefit in my honor,simply out of the goodness in their hearts to help me and my family .
     The work and effort and love that went into  pulling this all together ...overwhelming, and wonderful ... Kindness and compassion in its purest form, and  proof that sheer goodness still exists...
     Refuge Band (Don's band)  spent their afternoon playing when they could have been doing a million other things...They and their wives worked countless hours getting donations and cooking and setting up ...
     Many of the people there were before that day strangers to me, but they will now be forever friends... I cannot tell you how this fed my heart and soul. This cancer journey has been incredibly hard and isolating the feeling of unity and support I got that day made me feel something I have never felt before... What a blessing... I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart!You are wonderful people and I am so honored to have you in my life... I hope your goodness comes back to you everyday.




My cousin Mike that can make me laugh no matter the odds I love you!

Don Lacey Jr. I love you!
Tobi and the other ladies who made countless calls and cooked and lugged I am forever grateful.

Mikes Wife Jodi
So many generous people donated Chinese auction items


John Toth and his wife Susanne
 
The little girl on the right is John daughter she made bracelets and sold them to raise money for me. <3
 

My Uncle Don
 
 
Renee Koskey the most selfless person I know and a wonderful friend had me shave her head in solidairity of me... She does this yearly to raise money for pediatric cancer research...
 
 

      Rob Cochise Sawyers did 32 free tattoos all day long...like 12 hours long and all proceeds went to me...Before that day I never had met the man... This is my Aunt Debbie who is a survivor(this was her first tattoo)  she got the ribbon for her battle but the pink for mine <3

My perfect niece Sierra got her first Tattoo with my handwriting

A Big thank you to Robs Fiance for all her help!

My sis Ang calls me Boo :)

 

Kelly Price you have been such a source of support and friendship for me... I know how hard everyday life is for you since losing Tricia...yet you were there for me and had the perfect Kindred Souls gift... I love you !
My cousin Mel


Diamonique and Devon
Roxie and Kacey
 


My other daughter beautiful Taylor Grant


My sweet niece Tina got a tattoo as well


My sis in law Michelle got a tattoo for me
Bubby got one too with a J in the center



Lana

Lew and Teresa
 

Justine and Amber Wolpink and fam



Mike patek

Heather Froncek Gabby and Derrin

Lilly Sid and Janel
Showing my sweet Tori I still have joy in my heart

My sweet nephew Jerod

Dons daughter Maddie

Jenny Fuchick

 My cousin Lisa Synuria and fam


I am still fighting the fight and thank you all for your support!


Cancer Free!!!

My Uncle Gary and Aunt Linda...

 
 

Emily Catherine Behm... friended me ( a 42 year old nobody to her) on facebook (she was in 10th grade) simply so she could pray for me... She was one of the biggest highlights when she showed up and I got to not only meet her but give her a long overdue hug. You are wonderful!
Miracles are everywhere is you only chose to see them... life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful... All of these people coming together simply to make my life a little better was a miracle that was very much needed that day...I couldnt possibly get pics of everyone and I am sorry if some are not posted here...but please know I  thank you and I love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment