Sunday, August 11, 2013

Yesterday an angel was waiting for me...

    

 
"Sometimes it is not that we are broken....but that we are hungry, starving, thirsty....parched.....and not that we are in need of healing (which can seem so impossible and lengthy)....but that we are in need of soul nourishment, of being fed, of filling up on light. Sometimes we get confused and think that we are broken...when really........we are just suffering from soul hunger. Feed your soul, drench it in light and rest and goodness and beauty....and especially love (and it feeds you equally whether you are giving love or receiving love) And....even if you are feeling truly broken, the same thing that feeds, also heals. " The Brave Girls Club
 
    
       When we pulled up in front of the hospital I saw an angel...
       My friend from the cancer center Sharon (the one I made the cute bunny for and the one that was a stranger till I hugged her that day a while back to comfort her when she was crying) was standing there waiting for me with a smile on her face and a wheelchair for me. She doesn't have a facebook but her daughter had friended me last week t...o thank me for being kind to her Mom, she saw my post that I was going and told her Mom and Sharon left work and came straight there to be with me... She never left my side till I was wheeled back out to the car to go home. She is also on chemo had breast cancer 4 years ago and is now on treatment for colon cancer... And as sick as she is and as tired as she is she was there waiting for me...
       This is what I mean when I say if you want to do something there is nothing that will stop you...No excuses... I told the nurse how we had met and that she had shown up there for me and she said it gave her goosebumps.    
      Touched is an understatement... I love her like family and she will be in my life and in my heart forever. I really needed that boost I have been really struggling so with Steve who never Ever leaves me and Sharon by my side.
       I had a a great nurse who was prompt and compassionate with my care... she missed my port and it was quite painful to have it done twice , but she was clearly sorry about it and was doing her best...and for once I got a great doc that talked to me in detail... asked what helps me...told me he would nebver without help from someone with cancer and that he is not a cancer expert do often times we the patient know better than him what helps to get up through... He gave me what I needed to get me through today and hopefully carry me through to the next treatment. 
      I told the nurse how I didn't come the last time I needed to because the last ER doc wasn't compassionate and didn't give me what I needed and made me feel like I shouldn't be there asking for help... I was there 8 hours and got 3 meds my port was already accessed and they were not busy... He just wasn't placing the orders...I was more miserable after leaving there than when I got there...Guess what? apparently he was doing this to many patients, he had so many complaints he was FIRED! SO, I will never again have to deal with him at the hospital...
    I was told by this doc and nurse to NEVER feel bad for seeking help to get through this, that I was visibly in need of the help. What a different experience. I will never stay home and suffer again. I am still not feeling real good but am glad I went as it will take the edge off ...
     Had to share with you how wonderful my friend is... I love you Sharon!

No comments:

Post a Comment