Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Dirty Girl Mud Run

June 8th 2013
     Lara Keene my friend for at least 30 years organized a group of girls to run a 5K complete with 13 obstacle courses in my name... There was a team I believe of about 13...Oh did I mention that it was all in the mud? It is a huge event that raises money for breast cancer. Three of the girls on the team have been long time friends of mine Tammy Christopher, Lara Keene and Andrea Suppok Whipkey. The rest of the ladies did it out of the goodness of their hearts..
     It was an amazing thing to see...Women of all shapes and sizes running a grueling course covered in mud for the better good...Made me so proud to be a woman.
     I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it there, though I promised I would crawl if need be but it was only 3 days after round four of AC treatment...I got up really not feeling well but I was determined to go...
     I had no idea how big the event was but we had to park at a remote lot then be bussed to the event then walk quite a bit to get to the bleachers...I was exhausted and it was way more than I thought I could do , but I did it and watching these gorgeous ladies with hearts of Gold cross the finish line wearing my face on their shirt to carry me through since I am not well enough now to do it myself...
    Was a feeling I will never forget...and gave me much needed renewal in the fact that I mattered in this world and that We women are strong and that friendship is unbreakable....
    I will be forever grateful to these ladies for giving me back so many things that day...The feeling of love, strength, friendship, bonding...I love them all!





 
 




 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment