Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The power of Friendship...

June 9th 2013... so one day after the grueling Mud Run , I tell Tammy Christopher that I am feeling a little down through a text...next thing I know she is pulling in here on her motorcycle...which Tori thought was the coolest thing EVER! Tori said "Tammy Christopher, now she is a different kind of woman " lol and then took Tori who was here bored to her house for swimming and cooking out , even told her she could get in the Jacuzzi...She may never wanna return home... Now that's a friend Love you Tammy and have missed you...
This is the face of a Truly Beautiful Lifetime friend... when she says she will be there she is...not just for me but my girls... and I love her to pieces... She has renewed my belief in people and brought me back out of the depression of being alone and feeling worthless...We have been friends for 20 years or more...She stood by me at my wedding and though life took us down different paths for awhile...when I truly needed her she knew it and I didn't have to ask and she did not take No for an answer and she was here... She took Tori with her and made her feel special all day... Sharing her heart , her home and her kids with her... I love you Tammy!


 
 
 
Today was the most normal day I have had in a long time... I feel physically terrible as usual but it is so different... I had worried how I would take care of the kids and be able to cope when school was out, But having them home means far less time to be alone and dwell in misery. Mom and Dad stopped by and I sat on the porch for a bit...Tori is having a blast with Tammy Christopher
 
 
and Savannah... has the first friend she has had over since I got diagnosed, I think a great big step for her...My 3rd child Taylor Grant who I love like my own and have missed terribly...
 
 
Steve and I had alone time to have a heart to heart which made me feel worlds better... He is always working or taking care of the house or the girls are in bed with me so there is never any "us" time...There is LIFE in this house today not just sickness... I hear girl giggles and it is good for my soul!feeling hopeful.
 
I love this old pic of My sweet Hubby...speaks volumes of the gorgeous man and wonderful Dad he is...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment